12 October 2012

Sticks and stones may break my bones

I've been absent in my blog posting, I know.  It's been...a  week.  Some good, some bad.  We got to go downtown and have a great time outside of the stadium for game 3.  And then we lost.  3 games in a row.  No more playoffs.  I suppose that's not the worst thing in the world, I wasn't sure I could make it through another series.  128 days until pitchers and catchers report, in case anyone was wondering.

Bad, well, while we were having fun I practiced my pretend like you are coordinated act and tripped and fell flat on my kneecaps.  I would not recommend doing this.  I'm not sure I've ever felt pain quite like it.  I suffered for a few days and finally broke down and went to urgent care today.  Good news?  Not really.  Kneecap wasn't broken but it looks like other structural damage is in play, so I get to visit a brand new doctor next week!

I am grateful I have insurance.  (Even if I do have to pay too much in copays, but that is a post for another day)  I really am.  I've had too many clumsy injuries like this when I didn't and they ended up lingering forever.  I am hopeful its something simple and easy to fix, but if it isn't, at least I have options?

Back to the warm and fuzzies this weekend.  I need a pain pill.

1 comment:

It's Me B! said...

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but at least sidewalks don't.