08 October 2012

All the small things, true care truth brings

It's simple pleasures day for me today.  For whatever reason, I am feeling like retreating under the covers.  But there is always a reason to peek out.

I am grateful for the few green leaves that remain among the vibrant gold and red.  I love this time of year, but I love my trees.  The trees are one of my biggest pleasure living here and it is like saying au revoir to a dear friend every year when they shed their leaves.

Fuzzy socks.  Yep, fuzzy socks.  It has been chilly here the last few days, downright cold to me.  Those silly little fuzzy socks have helped my shivering, along with fuzzy blankets.  I am sure if my coworkers and customers could see my getup they would get a good chuckle out of it.  Have I mentioned how much I work from home.

Again I am grateful to live in a place where we can DO things.  We can't afford to go to game 3 of the NLDS tomorrow, but we are going to go and hang out right outside the ballpark along with who knows however many hundreds of other people tomorrow.  And tomorrow, I will be totally grateful for the sweep of the Giants.  :)

And lastly, I am grateful for this blog.  It has been my own little personal outlet to voice the thoughts that ramble around in my head.


No comments: