22 March 2010

Detox

Seriously.  I feel like I need basketball rehab after this weekend.  And lets be totally honest -- its not just this weekend.  As I find myself, well, without work or purpose in general, I've watched basketball from pre-conference tournaments through this last weekend pretty much every day.  I'm a junkie.  And its not even baseball season yet.

The lowlight of the weekend for me is two-fold.  The first is what didn't happen, that is Arizona not being in the field for the first time in a bazillion years.  The second was my upstart NMSU Aggies getting oh-so-close to beating Michigan State.  (Mikey and I still maintain they got screwed by the refs, but that's neither here nor there)  We were watching the game at a bar and there were more than a few people there that were shooting me strange glances as I yelled at the TV.  We live in Kentucky.  If you don't bleed blue, I'm not sure they get it.

Notice I leave out how badly the Horns sucked.  It doesn't even deserve mention.  And I could write a thesis on the Lobos, but I won't.

The highlight was also two-fold and has to do with underdogs.  I have liked St. Marys for awhile, I have a love for the West Coast Conference that dates back a long time.  This team of theirs this year is scrappy, ugly, spastic and oh so fun to watch.  I hope they win it all, I really do.  Not to mention most of their starters are from Australia.  What's that all about?

And the highest of highlights is of course Kansas.  Oh, thank you Northern Iowa.  I couldn't have scripted it better.  It maimed my bracket.  I could care less.  I cackled, yes, cackled, like a maniac for longer than was necessary.  This time it was my in-laws who looked at me like I was certifiable.  Glad I could oblige.  :)

Today it is cold, wet and basketball free and we are all worn out.  Tired, maybe a bit sick and completely basketball hungover.  Perfect day for a baseball game, huh?

1 comment:

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

I was already a follower on Twitter and now I'm following your blog! Here from Supah's Twaffic Exchange!