01 July 2011

Jumpin' Juniper! Its July.

Today we begin a magical adventure that will take us across the country and back and hopefully expose us to many new and exciting things along the way.  Gag.  A little much maybe.  But we ARE starting a month of "summer vacation" today, at an hour I would rather see coming into the door, rather than leaving.  Remember when summer vacation used to actually mean something?  Like going to the pool, riding your bike, camping, sleepovers. Yeah, me too.  But its been awhile since I was able to just enjoy life.  This is that time, my friends.

First leg of the journey takes us from the wilds of Northern Kentucky to St. Louis,  Mikey has been there.  I have not.  In fact, this whole drive will be mostly new territory for me and I can't wait.  I plan to stop at all of the bizarre roadside locations and historical markers.  I'm a big fan of historical markers.

Hoping to get there in time to take in a tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery and maybe ride a Clydesdale?  Maybe not.  Wish us luck.

No comments: